By Jerri Barrett
In the last 25 years I have attended over 200 conferences in person. This year while working on the production of Global Tech Women's Voices Conference I am realizing advantages of attending a Virtual conference. Here are just a few of them:
1. No Travel expenses: Travel to an in person conference can range from $100 (for parking and gas) to 1000's of dollars for international conferences (airfare, hotel, meals, transportation). Consider the advantage of a conference where the farthest you have to travel is your computer.
2. No Time Away from the Office: The other disadvantage of in person conferences is the travel time required going to and from the conference. A virtual conference requires zero travel time, in fact you can attend from home cutting your travel time to zero.
3. Get more Content: In person conferences mean that you can only attend 1 session at a time. In the Voices virtual conference you can attend sessions live or view recordings of the sessions at a later time. And if you want to see a session a second time you can review it for up to a month after the conference. No more splitting your attention between the speaker and your notes.
4. Global Speakers: Most conferences attract speakers from the region they are located in. A truly Global Virtual conference, Voices brings together speakers from around the world. Currently we have over 10 countries represented and more coming on board every day.
5. Networking on a Global Scale: At most conferences the number of people you network with are limited to the few you meet along the way. Voices will feature networking rooms where you can easily join a global conversation. Why is networking important? You meet potential collaborators, find jobs, share ideas and learn new ways to approach technology.
6. Expand your job search globally: Organizations will be posting jobs not just in the US but from around the world in their booths.
7. Make International Women's Day a truly International Experience: Women leaders around the world are participating - learn what they are doing to impact the world.
8. $20 for Registration: I cannot remember paying less than $500 for a conference in years. The Voices Conference has been created to be affordable for every technical woman globally. Register Today!